Wednesday, June 22, 2011

NEW ZEALAND MODULAR FACTORY USES SHIPPING CONTAINERS

I've noticed a growing trend on this blog.  It's getting quite a few readers from Australia, New Zealand and the Pacific Rim countries.  Most of them are about 12 hours ahead of my US readers which means that my nighttime readership is growing.

Investigating this a little further found that there are many modular and container home factories located there.

Here is an example of just one of them, Earth Cube.




I've never been a big fan of container homes in the US but with all the earthquakes and floods in Asia and Australia, I am becoming a believer in their necessity for these situations.  Maybe I will actually visit one soon and possibly change my mind about living in one on a permanent basis but until then, call me a skeptic.

No comments:

Post a Comment